Mobile number portability process.
TRAI revises Mobile Number Portability Process w.e.f 16th December 2019
1. TRAI has revised the Mobile Number Portability (MNP)process.
2. In the revised MNP process, the Unique Porting Code (UPC)will be generated only when the subscriber is eligible to port-out his mobile number.
3. The positive validation of the condition(s) listed below shall determine the generation of the
Unique Porting Code:-
a. In the case of Post-Paid mobile connection, the subscriber has cleared ‘Outstanding dues’ towards the existing telecom service provider for the issued bill(s) as per the normal billing cycle.
b. Activation in the present operator’s network is not less than 90 days.
c. Request for change of ownership of mobile number is not in process.
d. There is no pending contractual obligation(s) to be fulfilled by the subscriber as per the exit clause provided in the subscriber agreement.
e. The porting of the mobile number is not prohibited by the court of law.
f. The mobile number sought to be ported is not sub-judice.
4. For individual subscribers (non-corporate) mobile numbers – once the UPC is issued, the porting request submitted by the subscriber at Recipient Operator within the validity period of UPC will not be rejected. Whereas, for Corporate mobile numbers- the porting request shall be forwarded to the donor operator, only for the purpose of verification of the authorization letter submitted by the corporate entity.
5. UPC will be valid for 4 (four) days for all Licensed Service Areas (LSAs) except the LSAs of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East where it will remain valid for 30 days.
6. Porting to other operators within the same circle (Licensed Service Area) will be executed within 3 (three) working days and if porting is for another circle (License Service Area), it will be executed within 5 days. There is no change in the porting timelines for Corporate mobile connections.
7. As the existing MNP system shall migrate to the new MNP process with effect from 16th December 2019, the facility of MNP will not be available during the period from 10th December 2019 to 15th December 2019 and Unique Porting Code will also not be generated during the migration period. However, the porting requests already submitted will continue to be processed.
8. From 16th December 2019, the revised MNPprocess will be in place, mobile subscribers can generate the Unique Porting Code and avail the mobile number porting process.
9. For any query or clarification, the subscribers may contact their service provider.
Get Web Hosting @ Just Rs 69 Per Month Click Here